FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Edamame  (Read 11797 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Edamame
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 08:09:40 AM »
Becca I bought them at Target last night.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 08:14:28 AM »
 :thumbsup:  Oh, right, McC.  I know Hezz and I have some of the same grocery chains, so was thinking of that. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 08:40:11 AM »
In IL, I used to buy them at World Market.  Now I just order them if I can find a decent price for the box of 10 or 12.  I can't remember how many come in a box. 

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 10:32:57 AM »
I've done roasted chick peas in the slow cooker a couple of times.  They were good, but it is not a walk away recipe - you have to prop the top open so that the moisture can escape and stir every hour or so.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »
I sent The Good Bean an email that said they should make their bars on dedicated equipment.  Here's the response...

Hi

Thanks for reaching out. Glad to hear you like our Fruit & No-Nut Bars! I totally understand your wish that we made them in a dedicated nut-free facility. We wish that too! We want everyone to be able to enjoy our snacks, and we understand that until they're made in a dedicated nut-free facility, some people won't be able to safely enjoy the bars.

We actually switched our Roasted Chickpea Snacks manufacturing to a dedicated nut-free facility, so those are nut free AND made in a nut-free facility. The positive response we got was so great, so I know the community is a very loyal and supportive group, like you said :) We also make our Bean Chips with Sweet Potato + Quinoa in a dedicated nut free facility. I'd be happy to send you samples of our chickpea snacks and chips if you'd like! I can also include extras for the whole family to try. If you'd like some, just let me know where to send them!

I hope that at some point in the near future we will also be able to make our Fruit & No-Nut Bars in a dedicated nut-free facility, so everyone can enjoy those too!

--
Meagan Montana
meagan@thegoodbean.com
Marketing & P.R.
www.thegoodbean.com

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »
That's funny--I was going to write them about this very thing!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline catelyn

• typing is not exercise
    • my diy blog
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2015, 12:44:04 PM »
If you are going for crunchy peanut like snack, you can roast chick peas. 

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2015, 02:04:13 PM »
That's funny--I was going to write them about this very thing!

You should

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 06:38:19 PM »
I was babysitting the two littlest grandkids on the weekend.  For dinner I did some green beans. DGS was opening them to eat the tiny beans inside.  I suspect his parents have probably taught him to open edamame.

Anyway, that reminded me that I have two boxes in my freezer. Tonight I am going to roast some without pods. The recipe I found said to partially thaw them...so that's what I'm doing right now.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 06:56:05 PM »
Should we move this thread to recipes and cooking?  And sounds yummy.  Let us know how the roasted edamame turns out. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy