login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Ravioli  (Read 699 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Ravioli
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
Originally posted by Susan.

Meat filling

2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp nutmeg

In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. When hot, add the beef and break into chunks stiring until almost completely browned. Add the onions and garlic, stir and saute until translucent. Add the nutmeg and mix well. Chill. Just before you use it, grind it up into a paste in the food processor.

Pasta
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oilive oil
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp water

I use my bread maker on the dough setting to mix it for the 8-10 minites but you could stir it together and knead if if you prefer.

I use my pasta roller and take 1/4 of the dough, run it through several times until it is soft and elastic (you can just feel it). I roll it out in the size 4 thickness and lay it in a well floured ravioli press (must be well floured or you won't get them out!). Alternatively you can just lay it flat and mound the filling on top.

Place a level tsp in the ravioli well or on the flat noodle. Moisten around the filling with water and lay a second layer of noodle on top. Press to seal the two together and turn out of the press. SLice the raviolis apart with a pizza cutter.

Boil in well salted water about 3 minutes (do not crowd them together).
Coat with spaghetti sauce and serve.