CSPI Sesame Petition filed!!!

Started by LinksEtc, November 18, 2014, 11:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinksEtc

Quote from: hsw24 on June 09, 2015, 08:53:47 PM
Now to keep momentum going!  :D

I say you go for the NYT, Wash Post, Chicago Tribune, etc. next.   ;D

I feel like my sesame work is done ... this project is in great hands.    :smooch:

LinksEtc

Ninja,

I noticed you deleted some stuff ... if you want me to delete your quotes in my posts let me know, or if I'm not around, you can have a mod do it.  Otherwise, I'll leave them as is.

lakeswimr

hsw24

I can't seem to get people to share the HuffPo piece, I was hoping it would get more traction, but maybe labeling just doesn't get people thinking?  I can't see why they wouldn't see it as a positive effort.  Granted, with the big orgs being silent it isn't reaching a wide audience. 

LinksEtc

I sent you an email Homa.

LinksEtc

Re: Docs helping patients to surf the internet

Tweeted by @michaelseid11

"Patients don't need permission."
http://bennettgamel.blogspot.com/2015/05/patients-dont-need-permission.html

QuoteWhen I believe that change must begin from the top, I am unknowingly telling myself I can do nothing from the bottom.
QuoteI must go forward, whether my CF clinic, my hospital or the CF Foundation chooses to come along or not.
Quotethose who deal with this awful disease day in and day out, with no relief, have no time to wait for others to do it for us.

hsw24

We have an opening for contact with Senators re: the CSPI petition - I'm not allowed to post about it generally so if anyone is interested, message me here or email me at homa at woodrumlaw dot com and I'll give you the details.   :happydance:

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

ninjaroll

:clap: Now that's how it's done.  Links, FA Jedi Master, in the most sincere conviction I can muster this is an incredible project gaining speed.  Congratulations on getting traction.

LinksEtc

Quote from: ninjaroll on June 24, 2015, 04:21:45 PM
:clap: Now that's how it's done.  Links, FA Jedi Master, in the most sincere conviction I can muster this is an incredible project gaining speed.  Congratulations on getting traction.

;D

It's not me anymore Ninja ... Homa & CSPI are leading the way  :heart:  .... I/we get to sit back & enjoy the show!

hsw24

Links *is* a Jedi Master!  Feeling like this will really come to pass!  My KFA call was supposed to be tomorrow but they just rescheduled for July 2 so at least we have this news in the meantime!

LinksEtc

Quote from: hsw24 on June 24, 2015, 06:35:08 PM
Links *is* a Jedi Master! 

:smooch:

---------------------

Tweeted by @AACMaven

"Senate Dems urge FDA to issue labeling rule for sesame products"
http://thehill.com/regulation/246026-senate-dems-urge-fda-to-make-labeling-of-sesame-products-mandatory

QuoteSenate Democrats are calling on the Obama administration to issue a mandatory labeling rule for products that contain sesame or sesame seeds.

:happydance:

LinksEtc

They actually have an error in that article ...

QuoteFALCPA does explicitly regulate sesame that's included in processed food as an allergen.

was so happy ... didn't notice that initially.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview