CSPI Sesame Petition filed!!!

Started by LinksEtc, November 18, 2014, 11:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hsw24

Who knew the Senate was the best way to reach FARE?  ;)

LinksEtc

Quote from: hsw24 on July 02, 2015, 10:52:42 AM
Who knew the Senate was the best way to reach FARE?  ;)

:-/

I've put a muzzle on my snarky side for the greater good.

I wanted to work with them all along.

Sigh.

----------

I figure any support for sesame labeling is a good thing.  I'll take it.

Don't you have your AAFA call today? 

LinksEtc

Quote from: ninjaroll on June 26, 2015, 11:28:23 AM
It's extremely myopic for any stakeholder in allergy advocacy to ignore the inroads CSPI Sesame Petition has made.  The process, the networking contacts, the cartographical value that is entirely transferable to subsequent efforts in regulatory updates.  Trailblazers need the roller derby support model.

I was thinking in the future, CSPI might be the perfect partner for getting mandatory allergen labeling in restaurants like in Europe.  I'm pretty sure that I'm done with advocacy stuff, but I get the feeling that some like Homa are just getting started.   :)

hsw24

Yeah, I was being snarky but it feels like a bit of an about gave.

KFA call was fantastic!!!  So many ideas for how to tackle labeling transparency - I took tons of notes, hoping to write about it soon!  Debating another DC trip, which made my husband roll his eyes...I just want to do everything I can!

LinksEtc

Quote from: hsw24 on July 02, 2015, 04:09:31 PM
KFA call was fantastic!!!  So many ideas for how to tackle labeling transparency - I took tons of notes, hoping to write about it soon! 

So glad to hear  :heart:.

Looking forward to reading more when you get the chance to write!

ninjaroll

hsw24

Oh, no worries, I can manage the ticket and stay with friends. It's just the being away from the kids that gets tricky.  The meeting I want to go to is at the end of August - right after school has started again.  Decisions, decisions! 

ninjaroll

Quote from: hsw24 on June 26, 2015, 10:44:24 AM
  I emailed FAACT again this morning - my last email was May 23rd so hopefully this update will spur some response.

Any news on that front?

Quote from: hsw24 on July 02, 2015, 11:20:52 PM
Oh, no worries, I can manage the ticket and stay with friends. It's just the being away from the kids that gets tricky.  The meeting I want to go to is at the end of August - right after school has started again.  Decisions, decisions!

Too true.  I have a mandatory conference end of year.  No matter how much my husband reassures me it's going to be fine I'll be on tenterhooks the entire time. 

hsw24

No reply from FAACT - I'm not sure why they post that email address on their website if they don't respond to inquiries even with some sort of auto response to confirm receipt.  Hrm.

ninjaroll

I know someone who might know someone's more direct contact information.  Everyone is going to be on holiday until next week.  Let's see what happens then.

hsw24

Hmm, I could forward it to EGH - I have her e-mail address somewhere from when I did the whole conference thing.  I'll calendar that for Monday so I don't disturb her weekend.

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

hsw24

Great link!  I have to hunt and hunt for sesame free cosmetics - luckily some Clinique products have been good options for me when I have to get gussied up.   ;D

Ninja, I got a vacation autoresponder from my latest email on the FAACT front, I'll let things simmer a bit more.  I also emailed FARE to see if they'd put their blog post on the FDA docket as a support statement.  Gave KFA the heads up as well. 

hsw24

Had a very encouraging phone call with FARE yesterday, and FAACT emailed back this week.  My next to do is to get on the phone with CSPI and find out what they need next to move the process along!

LinksEtc

Quote from: hsw24 on July 08, 2015, 09:18:30 AM
Had a very encouraging phone call with FARE yesterday, and FAACT emailed back this week.  My next to do is to get on the phone with CSPI and find out what they need next to move the process along!

Homa - I've said it before & I'll say it here - I think you are amazing, a uniter.

You are probably one of the few people who could successfully work with all of the different groups/orgs involved ... (even though some of the groups/orgs can't seem to get along with each other  :-/) ...

Very happy to see everybody communicating with you.    :yes:

:heart:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview