FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: christmas dinner menu  (Read 5203 times)

Description: dinner for 17 on 20th dec

Offline MaryM

Re: christmas dinner menu
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 08:35:51 AM »
Pigs in a blanket are a must at our house on Christmas...

I got a brie baking dish last Christmas that I have yet to use.  I may make some for Christmas Eve - we have friends and family come over in the afternoon.  I found some good recipes on Pinterest.

I went over my dinner menu with my mom and she thinks it sounds good.  She agreed no eggy Yorkshire but I may just try the vegan recipe that hedgie posted.  The kids would enjoy it, I would enjoy it.  I am not sure about anyone else and it wouldn't be vegan bc I would use the roast drippings in the bottom of the muffin tins :hiding:  I may try a test batch w/o drippings prior to Christmas to see how it turns out! 

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »
Usually lasagne for Christmas Eve (typically have a few services to go to that are spread out) and for Christmas Day--sometimes just our breakfast (we have under the tree while opening stockings--use crystal, silver, etc.) and cheese and crackers--and eat Christmas Dinner a few days later.  We like to do tamales for Christmas.  It's a tradition where I come from. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »
Roasted but still crisp asparagus spears (or grilled) wrapped in prosciutto?

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 03:55:09 PM »
We always make pigs in a blanket for Christmas Eve, lol.  It has been just us, so we do appetizer fun food for Christmas Eve. Sometimes I do Chinese Dumplings for Christmas Eve, making a ton, so then I bring some to a party a couple of days later.  Shrimp cocktail for dh and I, perhaps, and crudite.     

I make a dinner on Christmas Day.  Usually beef, like tenderloin, or sometimes a boneless leg of lamb.  But the kids really like leaner meat, so I will try to get tenderloin, maybe just steaks.  I have grown tired of making a wonderful dinner that they don't like.  So, will get the meat they do love.  That way they get a healthy meal in between all the cookies we make and sweets they get in their stockings. 

I think I will make a lasagna or stuffed pasts shells to bring to my brother's house.  And I bring an assortment of the cookies and treats I make.  Maybe a cheesecake too.  Depending on time, I may make or bring an appetizer too.  He usually roasts a turkey breast, and we usually have salad.  Simple.  Just the two families for that. 

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:57:03 PM by becca »
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM »
Imporatnt things first....here's our drink:

Sparkling cranberry cider

Ingredients:

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 (12-ounce) can frozen cranberry juice cocktail
1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
2 (750-milliliter) bottles sparkling apple cider, chilled
1. Place first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until cranberry juice cocktail melts. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.

2. Pour cranberry juice mixture into a pitcher. Add cider, and stir gently. Serve immediately over ice.

we're using Prosecco, instead of cider

appetizer is steamed shrimp and a dip or two that my SIL is making

Dinner is prime rib, brussel sprouts and roasted veggies (potatoes, parsnips and carrots)

Dessert is a surprise (again my SIL)
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline eragon

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 05:31:43 PM »
that drink sounds fantastic!
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.