Uno Chicago Grill

Started by Irene, December 08, 2014, 10:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irene

Hi, I'm not familiar with the allergy friendliness of this restaurant.  Anyone has anything good or not-so-good to share about this restaurant?  My son has been invited to have dinner there with friends so I'm trying to determine if he can safely participate.  He is allergic to nuts and shellfish.  I'll be calling the restaurant, of course, but would love to hear from those who have had personal experience with it.

Thanks!
Irene

YouKnowWho

Unos was the most allergy friendly visit we made nearly 8 years ago.  However our allergens are different than yours (but we were dealing with a more extensive list at the time).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

hezzier

I was wondering recently about this as well since there is one near the pool for swim team.  Let us know what you find out from calling the restaurant.

Macabre

In 2008 I had a reaction at one. I can't remember if it was seame it shellfish--I would have to check our previous place. I'm thinking it was sesame (timing and stories are very different for me).
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

tigerlily

We're nuts/seafood. No Chicago Uno near us but we tried when traveling to visit relatives. They were *fantastic*. Manager and staff were knowledgeable. Easy to make a pizza without cross contamination. Granted--it was also in Rhode Island which has the wonderful law for restaurants/allergies. Still, I felt their training and education was from the chain, not the state.

DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Irene

An update - my son's outing at Uno's was this past Saturday and it went very well!  I'd spoken to the manager beforehand and he assured me they were able to accommodate guests with food allergies.  They do not use peanut oil or peanut flour and the pesto is nut free.  There is a dessert with peanut butter.  Of course my son knows to avoid desserts. 

Have a joyful and safe holiday everyone!

Irene

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview