Chocolate wafer cookies, brand?

Started by hezzier, December 15, 2015, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

So I want to make this for Christmas dessert,

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/gooey-chocolate-caramel-tart

but I've never looked for a chocolate wafer cookie.  Any suggestions?

nameless

Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers :)

The label reads ok, but I don't know how well others trust Nabisco. I use them no problems, for myself, ymmv
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

hezzier

I forgot about those.  My mom used to use them in some dessert she made.  I'll have to go looking for them.

bookedup

DS (15) - Allergic to PN, TN, Lentils and Peas.  Outgrew Strawberries, Bananas, Chickpeas, String beans, Shrimp, Crab and Lobster.

hezzier

Unfortunately, I cannot get all flavors of thinsters locally and I don't need a case of 12 from Amazon.  I did see some season flavors at The Christmas Tree Shop today.

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Macabre

An aside: we've bought Mrs Thinsters cake batter cookies before-- OMG. Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

bookedup

I have found Mrs. Thinsters in the oddest places. Staples (office supply store) being one of them!

Yes Macabre, the cake batter ones are my favorite.
DS (15) - Allergic to PN, TN, Lentils and Peas.  Outgrew Strawberries, Bananas, Chickpeas, String beans, Shrimp, Crab and Lobster.

becca

Oreo makes crumbs as well.  I see them sometimes by the graham cracker crumbs and Keebler pre-made graham crusts. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview