Dairy/egg free probiotic?

Started by MaryM, December 17, 2014, 07:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryM

Can anyone recommend a dairy/egg free probiotic?  DS has a mild stomach bug and the nurse suggested a probiotic.  He will not eat soy yogurt.

hezzier

We buy Jarrow Formulas Yum-Yum dophilus probiotic.  Package says "No wheat, no gluten, no soybeans, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.

www.Jarrow.com

I usually search the internet for the best price.  I'm not sure that I've ever bought it at the same place twice.  When searching be aware it comes in two sizes 60 tablets and 120 tablets.  Last time I bought it, price was better on a box of 60 so I just doubled what I was planning on purchasing.  They are supposed to be kept in the fridge once you get them.

YouKnowWho

If you have access to a health food store, try to find an option in the cooler first and then try the shelf.  Most supplements are well labeled these days.

And I am with him on the soy yogurt, yucky LOL
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

TT

I always find the labeling for Lactobacillus acidophilus, traces of and dairy free to be dubious under FALCPA.  I haven't quite figured out with said child's threshold if a derivative of a derivative in supplement labeling gets us to sufficiently protein free.

Macabre

I'm quoting this from a thread on probiotics in the Dairy Allergy forum.  I'm with TT on being skeptical aboutLactobacillus acidophilus, but we don't deal with dairy allergy.   

This is Klaire Ther-Biotic.  My allergist recommended it for DS and me. I ordered it from Amazon, but it may also be at natural food stores--I don't know. 

Quote from: Macabre on October 17, 2014, 03:31:22 PM
I don't remember if I posted this in that other thread. I know I intended to.

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview