Stanford Allergy, Parker Center, Dr. Nadeau

Started by guess, December 22, 2014, 11:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guess

Are there any established patients there?  We previously came from Jaffe Mt. Sinai but we're on the West Coast now heavily considering establishing both kids at Stanford's center.  It's interdisciplinary and has 24/7 resources.  It would mean a short commuter plane for us but we did that for Mt. Sinai anyhow.  Or drove 5 hours we're seasoned NE drivers and used to a longer haul. 

Dr. Nadeau herself is too busy to take on new patients I'm sure but there are going to be others there and I wonder if an allergist from Sinai transferred there.

guess

Thanks in advance to regulars or guests who reply.  Any specifics about the center itself, care, billing, getting around the immediate area, would be very appreciated.

Worth mentioning my mental map of California.  However, my husband knows California quite well so local referencing is fine.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

guess

There are some really strong Boston ties between the staff at the center.  I'm seeing a lot of Harvard/Mass General/Brigham Womens in the bios.

Macabre

There is a member here who is not very active anymore. She rocked on school advocacy back in the day but homeschools now.

Anyway, her kids (or maybe  only one of them) are part of a study there or perhaps are patients. I will direct her to this thread. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Momcat

Hi, my 15 year old daughter is participating in one of the studies run by Dr. Nadeau. I'd be happy to answer questions about it.
DD13 Allergic to Peanuts, outgrew egg, milk 2002.
DS9 Outgrew egg 2012, milk 2005.
Currently Home Schooling

guess

Much appreciation to both.

Momcat, I'm going to talk it over with my husband for a couple of days to gather our thoughts.  I don't want to squander the opportunity with your attention.  In short our youngest child is very MFA, low threshold to all the ubiquitous items in school setting.  We'll need to evaluate OIT for MFA.

Momcat

Ok. I will check back here in a couple of days. Just to be clear, my DD is not a patient of Dr. Nadeau. We have another allergist in Palo Alto. You don't need to be Dr. Nadeau's patient to be in her studies. There are multiple studies going on simultaneously. One of the most ambitious is testing a method of reducing reactivity to multiple foods at the same time. The studies all look very promising, but it took a couple of years for DD to be accepted into a study.
DD13 Allergic to Peanuts, outgrew egg, milk 2002.
DS9 Outgrew egg 2012, milk 2005.
Currently Home Schooling

lakeswimr

Good luck!  We are mfa and hope her work spreads to other locations.  DS is currently in peanut desensitization and it is going well for us.  We are doing baked egg and baked milk and small amounts of some other former allergens and have permission to increase those things at home gradually now that DS is over 1 peanut/day.  YMMV on that to anyone else in a similar position.  This is what DS's allergist recommended.  I don't give him those things at the same time as the daily peanut dose and so far it is working out well.

It has been life changing as DS was very contact sensitive.  We are not worried about contact reactions anymore.  It's very nice.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview