FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Freezer meals for college  (Read 7456 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Freezer meals for college
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »
Love the empanada and tamale ideas.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 08:10:38 PM »
Not a freezer meal, but I keep seeing "overnight oatmeal" on healthy eating blogs.  Mix 1/3 cup raw rolled oats with equal parts milk and yogurt(or liquid of choice, I think 1 cup combined), and add any other flavors or toppings in the morning.  You can google this.  Use a jar, like a mason jar, and pretty much add whatever you like to it.  Some use honey, seeds, toasted coconut, fresh or frozen fruits(frozen blueberries would be added the night before so they thaw). 

I thought of this thread because a college student gave it a great review, for being easy, yummy, and quick. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline nonuteen

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
I LOVE oatmeal with fruit!  I eat it for breakfast most days.  Wish I could convince my dd to eat it!

Love all the ideas!  They inspire me to try and make new things.  Hate to have her in  a freezer food rut!:)