FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: New to Food Allergies  (Read 2428 times)

Description:

Offline mellifera

New to Food Allergies
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »
Hello!  :bye: My family has never dealt with food allergies before, but my almost 2 y/o daughter is really giving us an education! Shortly before Christmas she had an appointment with an allergist, and had positive reactions to milk, egg, coconut, peanut, and cashew. We got the epipen lesson and were told to get all the peanuts out of our house. We had been avoiding most of the things anyway, after noticing reactions, but now I'm reading about all of the other things that we might have to avoid to prevent accidental exposures. I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed! I have found a lot of valuable information on this forum already, and am hoping to find community with others dealing with food allergies.

Offline spacecanada

Re: New to Food Allergies
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 06:02:42 PM »
Welcome!  It's a steep learning curve but you seem to be off to a good start.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have - there are so many knowledgeable people on this forum.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum