login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: New member w/sunflower allergies  (Read 2425 times)

Description:

Offline Skywest199

New member w/sunflower allergies
« on: January 06, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »
Hi! I found this forum thru a FB connection.  There was great info on a string I was linked to.  Hope to see more on sunflower by all its names!  I'm a senior citizen and it took about a year to figure out what was making my lips swell, burn and peel!  Culprit:  all things sunflower!  A couple of good products I've found are Vaniply ointment (though it doesn't come in a lip gloss, I buy generic carmex-type containers, clean them out, and replace w/Vaniply.  I buy that on Ebay.).  Lypsyl also does not have sunflower, but it does contain camphor, which can be irritating, too.  It is available everywhere.)  I even found sunflower oil as an ingredient in organic dried cranberries!  Ugh!  Probably to make them shine! 

Offline SilverLining

Re: New member w/sunflower allergies
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:21:14 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sunflower can be difficult to avoid.  You may find some useful information here Seed Allergy and if you can't find the info you want, just ask.  When looking at product ingredient information, make sure it is for the same country you are in. The same product made in Canada or the US can have different ingredients.