Life after using the Epi for the 1st time

Started by MaryM, November 03, 2014, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momma2boys

I think it would help you both to talk to a counselor. My ds went through that ptsd after a reaction and was having little ticks or nervous habits. The pediatrician talked to him and we were going to counselor if it didn't improve. He did get better eventually.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

MaryM

Thanks everyone!

CM, you are right.  She knows it stresses me out.  I am not sure she knows that its to the point that I don't want to be alone with her when she starts complaining bc I get so upset.  That's why part of me thinks that she does it to me more than DH.  I have made a very conscious effort to try and just reassure her that she is ok.  We sat and talked a bit last night and she did say that the Epi incident was scary.  I told her I know it was scary but that we are so lucky to have those medications.

She has been eating things with small amounts of baked milk - English muffins, toaster cakes and the occasional Nutrigrain Bar.  She now says that Goldfish (and she LOVES them) make her mouth itch.  I am not sure if its real or psychosomatic.  I have not made milk muffins since the incident and I really need to get back to that. 

I have a call in to the pediatrician.  DH will see the allergist at Mt. Sinai tomorrow so I am going to ask him to speak to her about it.  Maybe we need to start allergy shots, maybe she does need her adenoids and tonsils removed (we re-evaluate in June).  I just don't know.

PurpleCat

I also thought as I read your post, new allergy?

My DD passed an open egg challenge only to return to that allergy in less than a year.  Also, when she added her fruit allergies I thought that might be anxiety too and it was not.

How about giving her a job.  She should still tell you when she has symptoms but buy her a little notebook and have her start her own food diary and write down not only what she ate but how she is feeling.  After a few days look for a pattern.

It's something black and white you and she can use for further discussions too.

Just a thought and a  :grouphug: for you!

MaryM

Thanks PC.

I spoke to th pediatrician and we are going in to talk on Wednesday.  He said we will set some goals to deal with her anxiety about going to bed too.  Hopefully it will help. We will see.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview