Jan 9: Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers & Chipotle Black Bean Burger

Started by Macabre, January 09, 2015, 08:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

Peanut Allergy Alert: MorningStar Farms   
1/9/2015
MorningStar Farms is issuing a voluntary and precautionary recall of certain code dates of Spicy Black Bean Burgers and Chipotle Black Bean Burgers because they may contain undeclared peanut.

MorningStar Farmswas notified by a third party supplier that one of the spice ingredients used in Spicy Black Bean Burgers and Chipotle Black Bean Burgers may inadvertently contain peanut, an allergen that is not declared on the products' ingredient statements. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.

These products were distributed nationwide in the U.S. at both retail stores and through foodservice channels. No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this recall.

Consumers with questions may contact the Consumer Response Center using the Contact Us feature on www.MorningStarFarms.com or by calling at 1-800-962-0120 from Monday – Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Time.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

Okay-- now it's getting personal.  I had DS check the UPC and dates of the boxes in our freezer. This is a product we always have in the freezer.

Today when I bought some vegetarian chili, I wondered if it might contain the offending cumin.  I

am so angered by this.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

YouKnowWho

What makes it worse - cumin falls into the spice category so it doesn't have to be listed.  So can I read a label and put it down if it lists cumin, sure.  But what about the products that just list spices? 

While I am glad to cook most from scratch, even that has some prepared ingredients like Mexene or boxed tomatoes that list "spices". 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview