threshold study with 5 allergens

Started by eragon, January 13, 2015, 06:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

CMdeux

I sure wish that I knew what the exclusion criteria were for this study.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

spacecanada

Causing reactions in 10% of their study population is still a significant number of participants.

Why can't we just get food that isn't contaminated at all?  And label it as such. [/rant]

I don't trust companies who say they use xyz cleaning procedures and test for allergens between batches because, quite honestly, those are the products I react to.  Granted, it's typically only hives and/or eczema, but it's still a reaction.  (We don't trust shared facilities any more.)

Not to mention the cumulative effect I always mention.  There may be 1 mg of hazelnut in this product and 1 mg in the next one you eat, or maybe you ate them together, or maybe you just had two or three pieces of toast instead of one, which could very well be too much for an individual's threshold.  Why doesn't anyone ever think of that?
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview