UK trainee doctors still in dark about potentially fatal allergic reactions

Started by eragon, January 14, 2015, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

PurpleCat

I wonder if this is true for the US too.  Our allergist has been annoyed at ER doctor choices in the past and I have said to her, then why not tell them?  teach them?  make a change?  She'd never answer that question.

lakeswimr

This sounds like only one of the scenarios was 'true ana' so the other scenarios should not have gotten epi so when they said this, 'And, worryingly, almost half of the 2013 juniors (49%) would have used adrenaline in the other four scenarios compared with one in three (32%) of the 2002 juniors.' they were saying that too many wanted to give the epi when they should not for allergic reactions that the study deemed not serious enough to warrant it???  That's how i interpreted what I read.  If so, that's kind of scary but I would guess that in the USA those same situations would be epi moments.  If anything it seems UK doctors are very, very reluctant to epi. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview