Jan 12, 2015: Zenobia Company MY Spice Sage Cumin Ground (US)

Started by GingerPye, January 13, 2015, 07:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerPye

Zenobia Company LLC. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut Protein in "My Spice Sage Cumin Ground"

Consumer:
1-877-890-5244
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — January 12, 2015 — Zenobia Company LLC. Of Yonkers, NY is recalling MY Spice Sage Cumin Ground in its 1 oz, 4 oz, 4.9 oz, 16 oz and 50 pound packages, because they may contain undeclared peanut protein. People who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.

Product was distributed nationwide through online mail orders only. The recall only applies to below skus sold between 7/1/14 - 1/8/15.

The product is sold in resealable plastic bags with the following markings except for the 50 lb bag which is not resealable and lacks UPC coding. The 4.9 oz size is in a plastic bottle:

My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 1 oz (28g) – UPC 00105001
My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 4 oz (113g) – UPC 00105004
MY Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 4.9 oz (139g) – UPC 00105000
MY Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 16 oz (454g) – UPC 00105016
My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 50 lb
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after our supplier notified us that the Cumin Ground containing peanut protein was shipped to us by them unknowingly. Consumers with questions may contact us by calling 1-877-890-5244, Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm EST.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

CMdeux

Okay, this stretches back in time a lot further than some of the others--

The recall only applies to below skus sold between 7/1/14 - 1/8/15.

An abundance of caution?  Maybe.

Or might reflect a supplier that couldn't tell them when the contaminated product appeared, but that June was the last time they KNOW that it wasn't contaminated.

Maybe.

The recall was initiated after our supplier notified us that the Cumin Ground containing peanut protein was shipped to us by them unknowingly.[/quote] 

:yes:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

guess

I spy with my little eye the same message using the term may contain up top then closing with containing unknowingly. 

Rough field guide to my function in life: my job is finding discrepancies, dysfunction, identifying inefficiencies, patterns, and toilet paper stuck to shoes.  I'm a human checksum.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview