Preferred Airlines??

Started by TabiCat, January 31, 2015, 02:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabiCat

We have only flown with DS twice. What are preferred Airlines for handling PA.
Ds - Peanut and Tree nut and a  host of enviro

Texas

Macabre

For oeanut allergies, American and US Air. 

DFW has far more food options than Charlotte. But I can tell you where we've eaten if you fly US Airways.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

nameless

yeah - I try American when I can --- then US Air and United after that. Alaskan also does not serve peanuts or packets of nuts during drink service/etc. They do have snack packs for sale that include mixed nut packs...but those seem to be few and far between and I don't seem to have a 'smell reaction' to mixed nuts like I do to peanuts (excepting Cashews...which is why Jet Blue is out!)

I'm flying Alaskan in a few days actually on an American code-share.

I had to get a doctor's note for work travel so I can over-ride the cheap airfare on Jet Blue and Southwest as well as Delta/Continental due to my allergies. What a PITA when my American fare is 2-3x that of colleagues.

40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Macabre

AA does served warmed tree nuts in first class. I don't know if it's every flight. We've been fine on it--when DS was TNA.  We just sat far from first class.

I just made a reservation for ds to fly alone on AA, if that says anything.

TabiCat

So AA, United,

Is jet blue mostly a tree nut concern or PN as well?

We avoid consummation of TN but have not worried about airborne with them.

Wasn't there a recent article about a PN allergin child being barred from a flight on AA
Ds - Peanut and Tree nut and a  host of enviro

Texas

nameless

Jet Blue for me is the cashews...I'm about as bad airborne to cashews as I am peanuts. They smell stronger and worse for me too.

Sigh..yeah...so...I think getting banned off a flight depends what kind of accommodations are needed, if a general announcement needs to be made, who the flight crew is and if they have a personal vendetta against pa people, and who the gate crew are and if they have a vendetta against pa people.

I'm smell sensitive, and sure I'm uncomfortable, but a person or two with peanuts around me won't cascade me down into a big reaction. I might get a red face, but it's b/c I'm a bit anxious. I can get a bit stuffed up and eyes red/itchy (like someone who is allergic to cats, say...) but I've never had it progress.  It went a little further once on a SW flight and I started getting hivey and a scratchy throat...but benedryl killed it. That got a  little freaky though and I was anxious...so never SW again.

Point being - I don't have them make announcements...and if someone RIGHT in my row has something I'll speak up to them and tell them I am allergic and have to get up and I'll return when they are done. I bring them back a wet wipe usually. Once I moved my seat completely with the help of a flight attendant b/c the whole family was eating roasted peanuts. A nice person 10 rows back switched with me without griping :)

40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Macabre

It looks like ds' AA flight is actually going to be a US Airways plane. US Airways has sold snack boxes with Sunbutter. :heart:

We've never had them mKe an annoincemen either. DS did react when a woman in his US Air flight last year was eating peanuts. I can't remember if he moved or the attendant asked her to put them away. I just posted about it recently but can't remember what happened. (Really tired). Either way, it resolved.

spacecanada

Is there any (American) airline that doesn't serve peanuts or tree nuts during free service?  (I'm aerosol reactive to TN, contact for PN.)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview