FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Beef Jerky?  (Read 2095 times)

Description:

Offline cammiec

• Oklahoma Rain Photography
Beef Jerky?
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:10:44 PM »
I'm looking for a wheat & garlic free recipe for jerky. Does anyone have any?

We ordered a dehydrator so that I can safely eat the dried food I like. So excited!
wheat, buckwheat, rye, oats, flax, plum, kiwi, watermelon, honeydew melon, squash, garlic, pinenuts, pistachio
And now severely lactose intolerant

Offline krasota

Re: Beef Jerky?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:41:28 PM »
My simplest recipe is to just slice top round/london broil, salt it, and dehydrate it.  Sometimes I use smoked salt, smoked paprika, honey/sugar, and some ACV and layer the spices, then dump some marinade (the rest) over it for the night.  It's easiest to slice when slightly frozen.  Sometimes I use tabasco or chipotle tabasco, not sure if either contain garlic.

I don't use saltpetre, so I store in the fridge and use it quickly.  It'll keep in a backpack for summer hiking for a week, though.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Meltedheart

Re: Beef Jerky?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 04:13:53 AM »
 Anyone know the recipe for Tengu Brand Beef Jerky?
the company went out of business a few years ago and ive just been searching on how to make it myself with my dehydrator. any help would be great. thanks!