Sweet Delight

Started by becca, May 15, 2012, 08:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

I have not heard of this company, but a local chocolate store just posted on FB they have started carrying these products.  Anyone had them?  Are they good?  I use Vermont Nut free, but this is a cute local shop and migh tbe nice to be able to get treats there.

Copied from the facebook page of the small chocolatier in town:

"Sweet Delight, a company located in Maryland dedicated to providing quality, hand made peanut and tree nut-free chocolates."
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hedgehog

I had never heard of them, but googled and found this:
http://www.sweetdelightnutfree.com/index.php

It does say the the founder's child has peanut/tree nut allergies. 
USA

MommyOfTwo+1

I just looked at the website and they are just down the road from us!!! I foresee us making a trip to find out if they are any good in the VERY near future! I'll let you know how they are!I haven't had chocolates like that since DS2 was diagnosed! YUM! So much for losing my pregnancy weight! lol

becca

The products look very similar to VNF.  I would be curious to know how they compare.  I am satisfued with the premium quality of VNF when we need some good chocolate.  But it is nice to have choices.  Prices seem similar?  Maybe even a bit lower? 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hezzier

becca-especially if you don't have to pay for shipping

YouKnowWho

Hmmm, these caught my interest for the lack of egg.  DS1 has never had a creme filled candy due to either egg or wheat contamination or contains.

But her "allergy free" statement over everything bothers me since these do include milk and some contain wheat.  So basically they don't have the allergies she avoids.  I don't know, it's just one of those stupid things that get my goat.

Have to give them a double thumbs up for thorough ingredient listings though.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview