Kyle Dine

Started by SilverLining, Yesterday at 09:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

Kyle Dine posted on FB.

Kyle Dine is in Toronto.
Yesterday at 08:57  ·
First -I'm okay ✅ But I had a severe allergic reaction last night 🙁
It was the final day of my allergy education tour, and the lessons I taught were needed on myself. Specifically - Epi first and Epi fast.
I have a lot to process in the next while. Anaphylaxis weighs so heavy for days on end afterwards.
I'm in Toronto for the weekend for an allergy conference I am so excited about! (@freetobemeevents). There was miscommunication about dinner last night at home - I don't care to share more details about the how/who/why at this time.
But I knew it was to cashews, and I knew it was bad immediately.
If anything, I am proud of how I handled it. I had 5-10 seconds of panic and a feeling of doom as I could feel my throat starting to swell. I then switched on a dime to "save yourself mode".
I asked a friend to call 911, I gave myself Epi (thank you Allerject for being such an easy to use product when your mind is scrambling). The ambulance came and I even insisted that they give me another dose of epi as they thought antihistamines would be next.
I was monitored for 5 hours at emerg for monitoring and on heavy steroids to ensure swelling is subdued this weekend.
I was scared, I'm emotional, and I'm trying to move on- as I don't know any other way. I'm so looking forward to a weekend with folks just like you - the supportive allergy community who "gets me", and gets that food allergies "don't always" rock.
But we live, we learn, and we can't let this condition slow us down. 👊
Kyle

GoingNuts

Thank goodness he's OK.  Perfect example of easily a mistake can happen - even to someone with an excellent grip on handling his allergies.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview