Signatures

Started by nameless, January 28, 2012, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nameless

so - last week or the week before there was a comment concerning that it can be frustrating sometimes reading/discussing/helping if the allergy info isn't in our signatures.

I realized at that moment - I hadn't put my signature in for the new boards!  A  lot of others haven't either, and in the old place folks had them, so like me I bet it's an oversight.

So - just a friendly "hey - check your signature!" which helps everyone :)  If you never had one or are new, consider putting the "Allergies to: blah blah yada yada yada" in your siggy to help.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

CMdeux

Ooooooo-- and also which country you are posting from.

A lot differs legally and in terms of labeling practices/regional cuisine and hazards from one country to another.

:yes:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

MandCmama

I still haven't attempted to get my avatar back up... I remember it took me HOURS at the old site, lol! Do you still have to go through photo bucket and re size...?
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

CMdeux

Quote from: MandCmama on January 28, 2012, 08:36:31 PM
I still haven't attempted to get my avatar back up... I remember it took me HOURS at the old site, lol! Do you still have to go through photo bucket and re size...?

It should resize all on its own here.  (We tried to make it so that it was actually easier this time around, but do be aware that the filter here may be pretty aggressive, so if you have trouble with one photo-hosting site, it might pay to try another or to rename the uploaded file.)
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

lakeswimr

With the particular allergy set we deal with it would be like signing my name, I think. 

YouKnowWho

Everything you wanted to know about signatures, but were afraid to ask...

Click on Profile, then select Forum Profile.

Fully admit to being airheaded about where to change it.  And yeah, feeling too stupid to ask. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

nameless

Quote from: MandCmama on January 28, 2012, 08:36:31 PM

I used Image Shack for mine and when I uploaded I chose to resize to Avatar. I did Thumbnail at first, but olicentral (here) wouldn't take it.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
New England

Arkadia

I still cant figure out how to get into the email. cant even find the link to it. cant get into the account i registered with either. is that where it goes?
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

nameless

Go to the top of the page, under your current username menu --- you'll see Profile in the Home | Help | Search etc. menu.  Hover for the Profile menu and choose Forum Profile. Then you'll also see the other areas to change the email and password, etc.  Not sure where you were trying to look/access previously.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
New England

Arkadia

Do you mean account settings?  thats where the email address "arkadia@foodallergy.olicentral....." is.  How does one access that email?

rebekahc

Ark - there is no site email.  We used dummy email accounts to register everyone here because the software requires valid email accounts even for admin registrations.  Hyperboards did not allow admins to access user email accounts, so we had no valid email accounts to use to register people. Our server (olicentral  :heart: ) gave us the dummy accounts so we could preregister most of our regulars. 

Anyone who has not updated their profile with a REAL email account needs to do so.  yourusername@foodallergysupport.olicentral.com is NOT a real email account and we have no way of contacting our members via that address.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Arkadia

Oooooh.  my bad i kept sending test emails every now and then. never got an "invalid" reply.....

thanks for clearing that up guys i was feeling squirlly.

ajasfolks2

No reason why some couldn't just post "MFA including NON Top-8"

or something to that effect (however you wish to cap & punctuate) without giving away or identifying . . .

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

candyguru

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview