Waterproof Epi Belt

Started by QsMommy, January 07, 2013, 12:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QsMommy

Hi,

I am looking for a waterproof epi belt.  Previous posts have mentioned One spot allergy site (I think).  Currently, their website is down.

My 10yr old DS needs a belt for canoe camp that he can wear all day and possibly swim in (he forgets to take it off at camp, although he tries to remember), that is 100% waterproof.

TIA

Ali
Canada

SilverLining

Sporting goods stores have waterproof fanny-pack type carriers.  They are not designed specifically for epi-pens, but they are designed specifically for falling out of a canoe.

SilverLining

Just did a quick look at Mountain Equipment Co-Op.  Didn't find a waterproof waist pack, but did find Loksack Element Proof Storage Bags.

QsMommy

Thanks SL,

We have a version of the Loksack Element Proof Storage Bags that we use when canoeing. However, it is worn around the neck, not a good idea for camp. 

I will check the sports stores this week, thanks for the idea.

Ali
Canada

rebekahc

SCUBA shops would be another place to check for waterproof carriers.

ETA:  I bet this would work. http://www.overboardusa.com/waterproof-multipurpose-belt-pack.html
Under more images there's a pic showing it on a person - looks like it should be long enough to hold the epis and has a nice slim profile.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview