Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!

Started by admin rebekahc, July 21, 2011, 10:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlutenFreeToBe

Hi everyone!

I'm Elizabeth originally from Wisconsin, USA, but currently living in Tennessee.  I'm 27 years old.  I just started eating gluten free about three weeks ago, and have been looking for forums that I can connect with other people with similar food allergies.  Thanks for being here!  :happydance:
Facebook: Facebook.com/GlutenFreeToBe

Iamlisaedwards

Hi, I'm Lisa. My doctor recommended.i do the food elimination diet to rule out certain food sensitivities. As of las Monday we became gluten, dairy, soy,egg, orange, beef, pork, caffeine, alcohol, and chocolate free.  :-[we have to do this for 3 weeks and then add 1 thing in for 1day then take out again for 2dats to see if we have a reaction.   I was really exctieded yesterday to find gluten free Rice Krispies but when I scanned them it showed soy. Could it be made near soy and not actually have soy in it?  I also can't find gum wo soy :'(. For now, we can have chicken rice veggies and all fruits except oranges   I so want some gum. Anyone have ideas?

SilverLining

Is this elimination diet to pinpoint allergies or sensitivities?  And how many people?  (You make reference to "we" several times.  I am easily confused.

Meier154

Hi I'm new and so glad to see this support site.  I'm allergic to life I feel,  :'( :'(

milk,wheat, corn, barley, soy, clams, coconut, sesame, rye, avocados, and cantaloupe, I was born with asthma too. 

I'm hoping this site will help guide me to better health and I'm  really glad I'm not the only one with this kind of crazy food allergies.

SilverLining

Hi.  Welcome to the forum. :)

Are these new allergies?  Diagnosed through test, reaction, or both?

Sometimes when allergies are new or have recently expanded, sometimes people react to more then they are actually allergic to.  In case that sentence makes no sense.....I originally had bad reactions to cats and dogs, even though I am not actually allergic to them.  I had developed food allergies and my system was just messed up.  Once I completely eliminated my real allergens, the reactions to cats and dogs eventually stopped.  It took years, but it did stop.

Reason I'm mentioning is, you have quite a list of allergens.  If some turn out to not be real allergies, it would make life easier.

sneaker

Hi,

This is my first post as a member.  I have been a reader for a while and have found the advice very helpful here.  I finally commented as a guest in the Teens App thread and officially joined about two weeks ago.

I have 2 children, both with multiple food allergies, asthma, and eczema.  One child's food allergies is definitely life threatening, the other child probably not so severe.  Also, my child with the definite LTFA also has some delays.

I plan to post on this board more frequently.  And thanks, I have found this site a very helpful support and information place.

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

GingerPye

Sneaker, I've had similar issues with my kids --- DD had delays as a baby and had occupational and physical therapy.  All due to the food allergies   :rant:

Be sure to ask questions if you have any! 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

sneaker

Hi Going Nuts, Silver Lining, and Ginger Pye, Thank you for the warm welcome.

I realize I should have made it clearer that my kids are teenagers.

Ginger Pye, Thanks for telling about your DDs issues.  I don't know if my kid's delays are connected to the food allergies, and she still has the delays now as a teenager.  Thanks, I will be asking questions.

I am happy to be here as a registered member to post and thanks again everyone for the welcome!

petitepea

Hi I am new on here. I have MCS Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and chronic leukemia and have developed several food allergies as well. Four years ago I could eat just about anything and had no reprecussions. I now react violently to corn and all corn derivatives, as well as grapes, wine or anything containing sulfites, cow dairy, gluten and peanuts. I am allergic to sulfates and sulfites, nitrates and nitrites, MSG and sodium benzoate. My best friend Epi and I are inseparable!

Petite Pea

CMdeux

Hi PetitePea!   :bye:

That's a LOT of stuff to avoid.   It must feel truly overwhelming sometimes, given how little labeling is required of many of the items on your list. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

GoingNuts

Welcome petitepea!

Wowza, that's quite a list!  I hope our forums are helpful to you.  :)
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

tsubasa292

Hello!
I'm new to this forum but not new to avoiding nuts. I have anaphylaxis (I swear this is a word autocorrect!!!) to PN and TN. I am currently 21 (diagnosed at age 3) and living in the panhandle of Florida. I'm kinda anti-social, but working on that, and a complete bookworm! Nice to meet everyone, hoping to learn and teach. :)

(do I have to do the verification every time I want to post??  ???)
Anaphylaxis to PN/TN
Being the genius that I am, I just managed to miss the question "How do you spell anaphylaxis?" while registering.

rebekahc

Hi and welcome!  We have several adults here with PA and TNA, you'll fit right in.  :)

You will only have to do the verification for a few posts - it helps to weed out spammers.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview