Calling all parents of peanut allergic children

Started by lam1498, November 21, 2013, 02:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lam1498

Hello Peanut allergic parents,
I am a mother of a 17 year old peanut/tree nut allergic son.  I am taking a graduate class (yes, I am a much older student) and my project is a small research study to find out if there is a correlation between pregnancy issues and peanut allergic children. Please, please take a moment to complete this simple 13 question survey!!!!!!!
The URL is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X6Y2HC6Here is additional study information:
IRB STUDY #1310501940

INDIANA UNIVERSITY STUDY INFORMATION SHEET FOR

The Relationship between Food Allergies and Pregnancy Issues Study

You are invited to participate in a research study of investigating a relationship between pregnancy issues and peanut/tree nut allergies in children. You were selected as a possible subject because you have a child with food allergies. We ask that you read this form and ask any questions you may have before agreeing to be in the study.

The study is being conducted by Lisa Cortese, a graduate student at School of Engineering and Technology at IUPUI under the supervision of Professor Eugenia Fernandez at the School of Engineering and Technology at IUPUI. It is an unfunded study.

STUDY PURPOSE

The purpose of this study is to determine a possible correlation between pregnancy issues and children with peanut and tree nut allergies.

PROCEDURES FOR THE STUDY

If you agree to be in the study, you will complete an online survey. Please complete one survey for each peanut and or tree nut allergic child in your household

CONFIDENTIALITY

The survey does not ask for any personally identifiable information. Efforts will be made to keep your individual responses confidential. We cannot guarantee absolute confidentiality. Your responses may be disclosed if required by law.

PAYMENT

You will not receive payment for taking part in this study.

VOLUNTARY NATURE OF STUDY

Taking part in this study is voluntary. You may choose not to take part or may leave the study at any time. Leaving the study will not result in any penalty. Your decision whether or not to participate in this study will not affect your current or future relations with Indiana University or Purdue University.

CONTACTS FOR QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS

For questions about the study, contact the researcher Lisa Cortese-Allie at 317-490-8884or lcortese@iupui.edu.

For questions about your rights as a research participant or to discuss problems, complaints or concerns about a research study, or to obtain information, or offer input, contact the IU Human Subjects Office at (317) 278-3458 .

twinturbo

Now *this* is how you do research on human subjects. I'm going to help your data because you nailed the approach.

CMdeux

Way to seek survey participants!

THANK YOU for providing complete institutional approval/study information with your request.   :heart:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

joanna5

David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

tigerlily

One glitch in the survey---
if one's pregnancy was eventful but did not include preeclampsia or pre-term labor, then one has no way of responding in the "other" box, it is an infinite do-loop until you go back and select uneventful pregnancy.

Eventful conditions could include: gestational diabetes, surgery during pregnancy, and more.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Jmarc

done, even though we are in the middle of testing and out growing it (possibly) we still fit in there....

eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview