Calcium supplements-any that are not safe for pa/tna?

Started by Jessica, December 29, 2013, 07:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

DD had been having chronic stomach issues so we cut out milk for a while and it seems to have resolved. I suspect she is lactose intolerant like myself and my younger two. For now she is forgoing most dairy completely rather than use lactaid so I need some kind of calcium supplement for her. She is 18 so an adult one is fine but she will probably balk at swallowing the giant pills that I take.

Is Tums safe? I'm pretty sure we've used it but it would have been years and years ago so I can't remember for sure if she ever took it.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

rebekahc

I've taken Tums for years without incident, but I've never called on it.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

twinturbo

I use the Walmart brand petite calcium citrate. You take two smaller pills instead of one giant one. I believe citrate is the more bioavailable form of calcium. There are no warnings on the bottle but I'm assuming it doesn't fall under FALCPA, on the other hand Walmart labels fairly well for warnings.

Jessica

Here's what I got today from tums. for the record I asked about peanuts and tree nuts but a lot of companies seem to think only peanuts are ever a problem.

Our ingredient suppliers have confirmed that the only allergens present in certain Tums products are soy and milk. They have not stated anything about possible cross contamination of the ingredients they supply due to other ingredients that manufacture at their sites. None of the raw materials used in our Tums products contain peanuts or substances derived from peanuts and none of the raw materials used are manufactured using processing aids that are derived from peanuts.

At the present time we do not have this information about TumsĀ® Chewy Delights.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview