Muffin Tin ideas and recipes

Started by Macabre, February 13, 2015, 01:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

I want to have this for the future. There are some neat breakfast ideas here.  When I go back to work, it will be good to have them. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/unexpected-things-you-can-make-in-a-muffin-tin#.tfzQ9eVGB
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

hedgehog

I have made sone of those.  Didn't click on recipes so not sure if exactly the same, but same idea.  Mini lasagnas are a standby here.  Much easier than the full size ones, and you can make different variations in the same pan ( fir example, meat for some and veggie for others).  I have done mini frittatas as well.  I think there was another I have done, but don't remember what.  A few that I never tried before look good.  The cannoli bit are one that I plan to try soon.
USA

Janelle205

I know that a lot of the folks here have older kids, but for younger ones (and even not so young - DSD still loves this at 10) the six cup muffin tins are great for muffin tin meals.  Tends to make it easier to try new things as well.  I usually use them for lunch or when we need a quick dinner, and fill up each cup with something different.  I made one last week.  It had a hard boiled egg, cubes of cold roasted chicken, cheese cubes, crackers, orange segments and a couple of mini sweet peppers.

Meltedheart

Ingredients

2 spray(s) cooking spray
1 pound(s) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
4 large egg(s), beaten
1 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
2 oz cooked lean ham, finely chopped
1/8 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
1/8 cup(s) green pepper(s), finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp onion(s), finely chopped
1/2 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray. Spread potatoes around bottom and press potato up sides of each muffin hole; place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add ham, peppers, onion and cheese to bowl; mix to combine.

Remove potatoes from oven (after cooking for 10 minutes) and press potatoes down firmly with a spoon so that they are spread out like mini piecrusts (potatoes should cover bottom and sides of each hole). Pour about 1/4 cup of egg mixture into the center of each muffin hole.

Return pan to oven and cook until potatoes are crisp and golden, and the egg mixture is set, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before serving. Yields 1 frittata per serving.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview