WestJet and Disneyland

Started by spacecanada, February 24, 2015, 04:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacecanada

Just returned from Disneyland yesterday.  Our flights were with WestJet.  Kudos to both for keeping me safe this holiday!

Both flights, WestJet called me to the gate before boarding to confirm my allergies and make sure I was carrying my autoinjectors on my person and not in the overhead bins.  Onboard, the flight attendants checked with me to see if I wanted a buffer zone announcement or full plane announcement made.  Yay!  We :heart: WestJet

At Disneyland, some of our safe allergy-friendly snacks have been removed due to Disney using contractors for their food venues instead of operating the venues themselves, so there were no allergy-friendly cookies or ice cream available this trip - bummer.  (I never asked at the restaurants because I was too full for dessert, so it may still exist there.)  But all the restaurants we went to took their time to listen to my allergens, review the menu with me, and prepare a safe meal.  One restaurant even had an allergy menu with top allergens and what would be safe for each.  The chef said they still insist a chef process the allergy meal to ensure there is no cross-contact.  Brilliant.  Safe food all around for everyone. 

A little pizza place outside of Disneyland called The Pizza Press was very allergy-aware too and we ate there a few times as well.  Yay!
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

nameless

Oh my gosh! I ate at The Pizza Press about 2 weeks ago!  We were at a conference at the Hilton right next to Disney.  Heard they had good pizza and called --- no nuts in the pesto! All nut free, it was REALLY nice. Fresh ingredients and their pizza was pretty good to boot!
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

spacecanada

The Pizza Press: no nuts or peanuts on site (I triple checked the pesto ingredients with three different people), no sesame on site, crusts are dairy-free, they change gloves between every order, and all their ingredients have whole food names (minus the barbecue and ranch sauces you can get on the side).  We go there every time we go to Disneyland, often multiple times because its safe, cheap, quick, and next door to our hotel.  (Dairy cross-contact isn't a concern for us, but they were prepared to take extra precautions if needed.)  Gotta love food establishments like this.  :)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

yelloww

We were at Disneyland over winter break and dh had some gf yummy dessert at one of the sit down restaurants. I don't recall what it was, but they still had allergy friendly options in the park.

He also had a gf dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal out there.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview