FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Burgerville and Peanut 2015 update  (Read 1708 times)

Description: I give up on them

ninjaroll

Burgerville and Peanut 2015 update
« on: March 08, 2015, 09:47:27 PM »
Last year at Burgerville there was some FUBAR situation because they would proudly display a peanut free allergen menu while storing and giving out peanut dog treats. Yucky factor aside of storing food for dogs with food they would serve to me, the whole point is that they decided we humans didn't need to know the risk because dogs need treats.

That supposedly got sorted out where they would stop giving out the peanut dog treats.

Cut to today, 2015.  Again, I walked in and right back out YET AGAIN because squarely on the counter near the cashier is a huge jar of peanut butter cookies front and center.  This does not appear at all on their menu guide online either regular or seasonal.

I'm done with them.  I'm done with their menu not revealing peanut, I'm done with their "allergen menu" that makes no mention of the peanut they store and use or sell.  I'm done with doing my due diligence online by using their guides just to get the shaft when I show up in person.

I'm guessing, folks, is that no matter what you see online with the Burgerville menu and their commitment to allergen guidance it's inaccurate and subject to change at any freakin' moment.  They might warn you, they most likely will not.

ninjaroll

Re: Burgerville and Peanut 2015 update
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 09:49:15 PM »
Ah, here we go.  It's under a special cookie section.  http://www.burgerville.com/wp-content/uploads/Cookies%20Nutrition_Burgerville.pdf

Burgerville Peanut Butter
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 oz (57g) 1 cookie
Servings per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 19%
 Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
 Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg 6%
Sodium 270mg 11%
Total Carbohydrate 32g 11%
 Dietary Fiber 2g 6%
 Sugars 17g
Protein 5g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on
your calorie needs.
Unbleached wheat flour (flour, niacin, reduced iron,
thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), peanut butter
(peanuts, salt)
, brown sugar, sugar, butter (cream, salt),
skim milk, pasteurized eggs, expeller-pressed canola oil,
baking soda, vanilla, sea salt.

This is from the Facebook page:
Burgerville Hi Marcy, I know it's a bummer not to have peanut butter. In the interest of serving all of our guests, we have chosen to leave out this known allergen.
October 10, 2013 at 11:17am

Um, but you are.  And I don't have time to sort out which of your locations have gotten the corporate message especially when it's on your website.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:57:57 PM by ninjaroll »

ninjaroll

Re: Burgerville and Peanut 2015 update
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:57:07 PM »
While I'm at it... for real with that bummer comment?  We're a bummer and a drag for having our "free of" option but then there's this on the same page under the same subject header.

Casey McCaffery Would be nice to have a gluten free treat option like this.
October 10, 2013 at 12:41pm

Burgerville Casey - That is a great suggestion! We will let our team know!

Peanut free = bummer per Burgerville
Gluten free = "great suggestion!" per Burgerville

Burgerville Hi Julie, we know peanut butter is a fan favorite. Unfortunately, it is also a dangerous allergen that we try to stay away from whenever possible.
2 · October 10, 2013 at 11:07am

Choose.  Share choice publicly.  Stop hiding with false commitments.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:05:49 PM by ninjaroll »