login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Pillsbury dry mixes  (Read 1820 times)

Description: PA/TNA

Offline starlight

Pillsbury dry mixes
« on: September 23, 2015, 10:03:31 AM »
Has anyone talked to the dry mix division of Pillsbury recently? There's been discussion in another group I'm a part of that since the takeover by Smuckers, a lot of people are having cross-contamination reactions to mixes without advisory labels, and I guess one person is even in a lawsuit because of her kid's reaction to a stray walnut.  >:(

I tried to email them through their Contact Us form but got a fatal error, so I posted to their FB and haven't heard back yet. It sounds like the refrigerated products are still labeled well because they're still under General Mills...I'd call but just giving up the products is easier for me than talking on the phone.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:06:27 AM by starlight »

Offline starlight

Re: Pillsbury dry mixes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »
Their answer to me:

Since peanuts are part of the Eight Major Allergens, they will be listed on our labels if present. Additionally, the allergen risk management program in place at our facility would include listing a "May Contain" statement on our labels if there were potential cross-contact with peanuts. As always, we suggest reviewing the packaging as product formulas and packaging may change. Thank you!

That totally didn't answer my questions about shared lines and washing between runs. Asked about that and we'll see what they say.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »
Interesting!  I have never tried to call them back after 3 attempts when DD was a toddler.  They never answered the question I asked....just repeated a general and generic answer.  I have never used a single Pillsbury product since.

Offline starlight

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »
"We can confirm that our White Cake Mix and Funfetti products are not run on lines shared with nuts. If products are produced on lines with shared equipment, allergens will be included in a "May Contain" statement on the label. Again, it is a great idea to always check product packaging for the most up-to-date information. Thank you!"

Yessssssss. Phew.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »
I hate the inconsistency. Others have reported being told that they will add warnings only if they feel there's allergen carryover due to insufficient cleaning.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA