Ener-G bread?

Started by spacecanada, November 25, 2015, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacecanada

Hi everyone,

I don't have the time to call today, but am wondering if any of you have experience with Ener-G breads.  Are they safe for PN, TN, dairy, and/or sesame?  I realize some of their items contain potato, but it seems to be very few. 

I was given two of their tapioca rolls at Disney and ate them without issue (after the chef triple checked ingredients), but wondering what members here think or what their experiences are. They aren't widely available here, but for trips to America or for my mum who lives there in winter. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

CMdeux

We used them many years ago, when DD was wheat and milk allergic in addition to having egg and nut allergy.

I can't say that I was all that impressed, but then again, wheat-, egg-, and milk-free breads are generally a category that is pretty rough.

They were safe in 2006.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

krasota

I keep the tapioca one on hand from time to time.

There are definitely better soy-free GF breads.  There aren't really better dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free breads.  That's a tough category.  I do keep FoodForLife millet bread on hand for my younger child, but I don't trust the gluten-free-ness, if that makes sense.  ;)

I like the tapioca for grilled sandwiches (especially grilled cheese dipped in soup), toast sandwiches with cream cheese and cress, and to use for dressing/stuffing.

I don't know how they are for sesame.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

candyguru

We found Ener-G breads at Whole Foods here in Toronto Canada (Yorkville store).  They are great for my daughter as she has to avoid wheat, sesame, eggs, nuts, peanuts, legumes (beans, peas, lentils, etc)...

It is very difficult to find a bread that is free of all of those allergens.. not easy at all.  We are glad we found them as it is the only bread she can eat as most gluten-free breads contain or may contain eggs or other allergens.

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview