FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Butter pecan fudge .... YUMMY!  (Read 1756 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Butter pecan fudge .... YUMMY!
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »
Originally posted by mom2AnH

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ***heavy*** whipping cream
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped

Step 1:
In a large heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugars, cream and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in the vanilla. Stir in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pecans.

Step 2:
Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool to room temperature. Cut into 1-in, squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

TIPS/Suggestions:
This stuff is DELICIOUS! My batch was a bit crumbly which I originally thought might of been due to the fact that i used regular whipping cream, not heavy whipping cream. But after re-reading the instructions while posting, I see that you're only supposed to let the fudge get to room temp before cutting. *I* stuck it in the fridge overnight... I bet that's why. In any case, I'd use heavy whipping cream just in case (and I plan to make another batch, this stuff is THAT good!) I did use planter's pecan halves because we don't have any issues with nuts in our house (plus this isn't for food allergic son, it's for me to use as gifts).

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Butter pecan fudge .... YUMMY!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »
bumping.  I want to try this!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts