PN/TN free backpacking foods

Started by tigerlily, March 27, 2016, 12:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerlily

OMG!!!! I can't believe I've just found this. Dedicated pn/tn free facility ('cept for coconut--ok by DS). No fish, looks as if shrimp used in a dish (again, that is ok for DS).

FAQs address pn/tn free status. Allergen table is amazing. http://www.mountainhouse.com/pdf/Allergen-Listing.pdf

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

CMdeux

That is an AWESOME find-- wow!!

http://www.mountainhouse.com/

This would be a TERRIFIC source for shelter-in-place and disaster kit foods, btw.    They also are available through Costco, for whatever that is worth-- and some Dick's sporting goods stores, too. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

tigerlily

Ok CMdeux. If you didn't know about Mountain House, I feel better--I was wondering how many FA  folks knew. I wish Mountain House would include their pn/tn status on their labels because I never would have thought they'd be safe for DS. I have been going through all sorts of hoops trying to figure out how we'd go light for a week long backpacking trip. The rest of the group was easily coming up with options. For us-- Dehydrator? Purchase veggies and fruits from Harmony House and make meals? So far, heavily relied on Knorr's sides for meals and canned foods which would be heavy for longer trips.

One of our friends swears by the Teriyaki chicken (which again, Asian...) is the absolute best.

I have a question in to them about fish as it wasn't on the table. Just shellfish. I'll post whatever new info I have.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

CMdeux

JustTomatoes has been our stand-by for this kind of thing for-EVER, it seems like-- but that means relying on other things for protein, since soybeans is about all that they have.

Enjoy Life Nut-free trail-mix singles are another good source, there-- sunflower/pumkinseed/fruit blends.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

spacecanada

Perfect timing! Someone on my local allergy FB group was asking for backpacking food options. I have passed on the links.

We also like to use recipes from 'Another Fork in the Road'.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

tigerlily

Sweet & Sour pork has anchovy. Seems to be only fish item.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

spacecanada

Bumping this so I can find it easier.  This post lead to us using several Mountain House items at our camp this summer, so I'm visiting this page often.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview