login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Cash Price of Epipen ... INSANITY!!!!!  (Read 36452 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Cash Price of Epipen ... INSANITY!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »
OMG. Wow.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Puddles

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2016, 07:51:58 AM »
Anyone else catch the Mylan dis on the Emmy's?

The kids from "Stranger Things" we're giving out pb& jelly sandwiches and Kimmel said something about people with food allergies....sorry we could only afford one epi-pen.

I know not everyone has my sense of humour, but I thought it was funny.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:09:25 AM by Puddles »

Offline BensMom

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2016, 09:37:31 AM »
I saw that, but was also concerned that they were handing out pb sandwiches to every single person there. Hope no one was severely allergic. I was watching to see if anyone was making a run for the doors!

Offline Puddles

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »
I saw that, but was also concerned that they were handing out pb sandwiches to every single person there. Hope no one was severely allergic. I was watching to see if anyone was making a run for the doors!

I was looking for that too. And I had only noticed one child in the audience, sitting in someone's lap. Not that adult allergies are not important, but I would have been more worried if this were done in an auditorium full of kids.

name

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »
The Epigate Epilogue

nytimes.com/2016/09/16/business/epipen-maker-mylan-preventative-drug-campaign.html

nytimes.com/2016/09/16/business/what-happens-if-epipens-get-the-preventive-label.html

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2016, 06:50:57 AM »
Wow.  It would be great for people to not have a copay for their epipens.  It would certainly save lives.  But it is a deal with the devil.  They could charge whatever they want, most people would be unaware, and we all end up paying for it.  And Mylan continues to make an obscene amount of money from it, and it becomes another way for Mylan and other pharmaceuticals to line their pockets.  Wow.  Usually I think when lives are at stake, that takes priority over moral high ground.  But I just cannot get behind this.  There is too much damage that could be done.  And part of the fallout could endanger lives of people who need the next drug they try this tactic with, if it succeeds.
USA

name

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2016, 09:51:38 AM »
Nothing we here have not known for YEARS (looking at you USA Today) but it is sort of surreal to see major publications 'uncover' unethical NSBA influence on schools. 

.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/09/20/family-matters-epipens-had-help-getting-schools-manchin-bresch/90435218/

Offline BensMom

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2016, 11:49:51 AM »
Mylan CEO will be testifying before Congress today at 2pm. I'm going to try to watch or listen on cspan.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »
Just watching bits of the hearing and she seems shockingly unprepared. She knows they've invested a billion dollars over 8 years, but doesn't know how much they've made.

"The system wasn't intended for people to pay the wholesale acquisition cost."

Instead of giving everyone a discount card and co-pay card and giving free epipens to schools, why don't they just lower the price to a reasonable price so everyone can just buy them?

Offline BensMom

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
I don't know if this woman is dense or is just trying to deflect. She's being asked about schools that got a discounted price and she keeps talking about the free epis that they gave to schools. Tammy Duckworth is going after her. Schools can get 4 free epis. If they want to buy more, they can get them at a "discounted" price of $110 (which is the old price) and to get that they have to sign a form that says they won't buy any autoinjectors from any competing company.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2016, 03:56:01 PM »
We just stumbled on it here in Ireland!  Was just about to fall asleep, heard Tammy Duckwort holding
Her feet to the fire. 👍
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline lakeswimr

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2016, 05:22:38 PM »
Once there is any other option we wont' be giving them our business again. 

name

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2016, 06:33:49 PM »
There are plenty of fingerprints all over the fabrication of this monopoly.  Mylan alone is not solely responsible: to ignore that critical component to market manipulation invites the same collusion in the future.  The blame needs to be portioned out accordingly.

Bresch had mommy and daddy in government and the NSBA.  Mylan funds every last allergy nonprofit out there in "patient education partnerships" with celeb spokespersons.  The FDA actually entertained a so-called citizen's petition from Mylan to block Teva's generic entry into the market.

The ugly fact is influence eased the path to total market control.  Greed is but one ingredient, and I am fearful of a short-memory public that will overlook the supporting cast scuttling away that facilitated serving us up on a platter to Mylan.

name

« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2016, 07:19:49 PM »
Duckworth questioning Bresch over EpiPen4Schools program implementation requiring exclusion of competing epinephrine autoinjectors to purchase more at a 'discounted' price, and the role of Bresch's mother as an NSBA executive promoting the program without disclosing her relationship to Bresch and Mylan.  You'll have to copy and paste.

youtu.be/JhVQyUrafqE