Make up

Started by SilverLining, April 20, 2016, 11:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

http://www.marcelle.com/en/

Not only does their website list ingredients, it also list may contains (by product). There is also a page that lists certain ingredients and what allergen that ingredient contains.

SilverLining

I am again looking for make up.

If a product is "oil free" would that mean free of peanuts, nuts and sesame seeds? All are oily.

MaryM

spacecanada

Kiss Freely will make custom products and colours too.  I don't like their lip gloss (not thick enough for my preference) but everything else I have tried has been great.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

MaryM

My DD loves Kiss Freely - we have a few eyeshadows and a mineral foundation.  She just got a sample lipstick which seems perfect for when she is in shows and needs to look natural under the lights. She loves the lip gloss but she is 11.  I am not a fan of gloss so I have not tried it.  Maybe 'd like theirs since its a bit lighter.  We have had great customer service - they have made matte eyeshadows for me.

SilverLining

I need to see what I'm buying in a store. I have not worn any makeup in over 30 years and just guessing or going by colours on a screen will not work for me.

I have 2 grads this spring and a wedding in the fall.

Macabre

I buy Neutrogena eye shadow, Almay eye pencil, Physician's Formula powder and cover stick, and Estée Lauder blush.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

NYC brand is what we used to buy for DS for stage makeup.

Macabre

SL, buying online could work for you if you do your colors (Color Me Beautiful) and know in general which colors work for you and which don't. I'm not seeing s difference between buying in a store and buying online. You could go to a store to peek around at colors, even if you don't buy those. 

I did not know about Kiss Me Freely! Very cool. It looks like they don't have a very wide palette at this point. Hopefully that will change.

SilverLining

Look at the same thing on two screens and colours/shades are not always the same. And I knew what worked for me 30 years ago. Might not be the same now.

But, with sunscreen I always go with oil free. Make up should be safe that way too.

jcollaer

I had my first allergic reaction to lipstick. I have a shellfish allergy.  I bought some urban decay lipstick and my mouth and throat immediately got swollen and I had a hard time breathing. So now I am going through my makeup to try and figure out which ingredients in makeup to avoid. I have researched and researched and haven't been able to find much. Does anyone know the ingredients to avoid?

GoingNuts

Welcome!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! 

I don't deal with SF allergy, but the thing that immediately pops into my head is "collagen" or "protein".  Perhaps your allergen is a possible source for these ingredients?

Makeup should be subject to the same labeling laws as food is.  :disappointed:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

rebekahc

There is a red coloring that is made from bug shells.  Bug shells and shellfish have similar proteins, so I wonder if the coloring in the lipstick triggered a shellfish reaction or if perhaps you're allergic to both?
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

jcollaer

That is possible. One of the lipsticks is red in color but the other one is clear and glittery.  I am going to go get allergy testing done. I keep having too many reactions and they keep getting worse. Thank you for all of your help!

rebekahc

I hope you can get it figured out so you can avoid more reactions! 
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview