Instant Pot!

Started by becca, August 20, 2016, 05:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoingNuts

There's half a turkey breast in my Instant Pot right now.  I have no idea how this is going to come out, but the house smells amazing right now.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Janelle205

Hoping it turns out well, GN.

I don't have an instant pot, but I do bone in turkey breasts in my big slow cooker a lot.  I use the seasoning from this chicken recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/45954/roast-sticky-chicken-rotisserie-style/, except with double the garlic powder and half of the salt.   

GoingNuts

It was fab. i seasoned it with garlic and pepper, and browned it on Sautee for 5 mins.  Then I removed the turkey and sautéed diced carrots, celery and onion.  I added in some garlic and poultry seasoning, 2 cups of turkey broth (had some in the freezer).  Put the turkey back in, cooked for 35 minutes on high pressure.  Did NPR for 5 minutes, then released the pressure.

I let the turkey rest while I made the gravy. I like an au jus pan gravy, so I just poured the liquid and veggies off, skimmed the fat, then used my immersion blender.  The gravy was delish.

Another Instant Pot success.  :)
N.E. US

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

momma2boys

I did pot roast the other day. I read someones advice to cut the chuck roast I to strips, so did that, then added carrots and potatoes, a can of beef broth and a slow cooker packet of tavern pot roast seasoning (can't remember brand, maybe Campbell's, but its a liquid) amnd cooked high pressure for 45 minutes, NPR. It was so good, the falling apart roast that I could never get in my crock pot.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

GoingNuts

Quote from: Janelle205 on February 01, 2017, 07:46:12 PM

I don't have an instant pot, but I do bone in turkey breasts in my big slow cooker a lot.  I use the seasoning from this chicken recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/45954/roast-sticky-chicken-rotisserie-style/, except with double the garlic powder and half of the salt.   

Interesting - I would have thought turkey was too lean to do in a slow cooker.  Maybe I'll have to give it try some time!
N.E. US

Janelle205

Quote from: GoingNuts on February 02, 2017, 06:36:46 AM
Quote from: Janelle205 on February 01, 2017, 07:46:12 PM

Interesting - I would have thought turkey was too lean to do in a slow cooker.  Maybe I'll have to give it try some time!

I leave the skin on and take it off after cooking, so that probably helps keep it from getting dry.  I just loosen it and rub some seasoning under the skin and some on top.

momma2boys

I've done Turkey breast in crock pot too, it turns out great.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Stinky10

I made elderberry syrup today

and hummus (not in instant pot - but I do want to try it from dry beans)
Spanking cats for 40 years!

spacecanada

That sounds delightful, Stinky.  What's your elderberry syrup recipe???
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Stinky10

http://holisticsquid.com/elderberry-syrup-recipe/

I put it in a smoothie
I drink it straight - it doesn't taste very good
I put it over ice with Lacroix
I share with friends

GoingNuts

My first Instant Pot fail.

I tried the spaghetti squash, and after 20 minutes in the pot, it still isn't really "done".  So I threw it in the oven with some olive oil.
N.E. US

hezzier

Interesting, I went back and read some of the comments on the nom nom site and people seem to think it has to do with the ripeness of the squash.  I have no idea if this is true or not.  Bummer that it didn't turn out.

Stinky10

did you cut it or whole?
how much liquid did you add
did it come to pressure?

I swear I did mine in 6mins - but I think I've seen 20 posted a few times
I have another one on the counter

GoingNuts

Cut in half, with 1 cup liquid.  Came out nicely in the oven.
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview