Celebrity Cruise Line

Started by spacecanada, August 21, 2018, 04:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacecanada

Soooo.... I was given notice today that I might be going on a cruise on Friday.  Yes, three days from now.  I won't know for sure until tomorrow or Thursday.  (Don't even talk to me about stress; I'm in full panic mode.)  I've called ahead and they seem to have all the right answers regarding food allergies and medical centre capabilities and equipment. (Unless you're a child - I wouldn't advise taking a child with food allergies on Celebrity cruises - their youth counsellors are not first aid or Epi trained.)

Has anyone here ever sailed Celebrity with food allergies?  I'm looking for first-hand experiences if there are any. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

spacecanada

Update: It went ok.  Accommodations in the main dining room were great, and they tried hard to make exciting meals for me each day.  The buffet was a huge fail, as getting chefs to understand why eating from the buffet was not an option was frustrating.  Surprisingly, room service was exceptional with food allergies, too!  I put some reviews on my work Facebook page.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

rebekahc

I'm glad it went well over all and you were safe despite the challenges!  I'd love to hear about how your shore excursions went and whether you ate/were able to eat off ship, too.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview