Wonderful almonds

Started by joshsmom, October 16, 2020, 12:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshsmom

Are the wonderful brands almonds not sold anymore? I am only able to find wonderful pistachio.

Is there another safe brand of almonds I can purchase?

GoingNuts

I can't find them either, and as far as I know, they are the only safe brand. Blue Diamond hasn't been safe for years.  :rant:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

rebekahc

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

GoingNuts

N.E. US

rebekahc

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

joshsmom

I ordered the Barney butter ones this morning. Valley Harvest Nut Co is another safe brand also in CA. So disappointed that Wonderful Nuts is not producing almonds anymore. Only pistachios🙁 it was nice to just buy them at the store.

Macabre

GN, it would be helpful to qualify the comment about Blue Diamond safety. They're totally safe if you are only allergic to peanuts but not to other tree nuts. DS eats them. I eat them. They are made on dedicated PF equipment. But there are two other tree nuts made on the same equipment.  I can't remember which ones.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

GoingNuts

Yes, that's true. Blue Diamond once produced almonds exclusively, but no more. DS is allergic to all tree nuts except for almonds.
N.E. US

joshsmom

Does anyone know which tree nuts are cross contaminated with blue diamond almonds?

hezzier

Last time I looked at their website, I definitely found a nut thin with pecans.  Not sure if there are more tree nuts.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview