login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Fudge recipes  (Read 598 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Fudge recipes
« on: October 11, 2023, 03:36:16 PM »
I want fudge and I cannot find any of my recipes. So, please share.

I am looking for not chocolate. And preferably with either white or brown sugar. However, all recipes can go here.

Offline BensMom

Re: Fudge recipes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 06:38:35 PM »
I saw one on America's Test Kitchen but it was chocolate and I can't reach the recipe (paywall.) My local orchard has fudge. I wanted chocolate, but they were out so I got butterscotch. It was soooo good. The next time I went, I got chocolate. Eh, it was good, but the butterscotch was so much better. Sorry I couldn't help. I'll be watching this space!

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 08:54:34 AM »
I did find some in my favourite recipe book. It’s from the 50’s. When DH & I were getting married we helped this old guy move, and bought out the stuff of his he didn’t want. This book is all that’s left. Anyway, I’ll post the fudge recipes here later.

anthony.gaines

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 08:38:43 AM »
Here's a simple recipe for vanilla fudge using brown sugar. It's a classic fudge recipe that's easy to make and doesn't require chocolate. You can also customize it with your favorite add-ins like nuts or flavored extracts.

Ingredients:

2 cups brown sugar
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup unsalted butter
    1/4 cup light corn syrup
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    A pinch of salt

Instructions:

Prepare the Pan:
        Line an 8x8-inch (20x20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides for easy removal of the fudge.

Combine Ingredients:
        In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine both sugars, heavy cream, butter, corn syrup, and a pinch of salt.

Cook and Stir:
        Over medium heat, stir the mixture constantly until the sugars are dissolved and the butter is melted.

Bring to a Boil:
        Once the sugar is dissolved, attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pan. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until it reaches the soft-ball stage, which is around 238-240°F (114-116°C). This can take 20-30 minutes.

Remove from Heat:
        Once it reaches the soft-ball stage, remove the pan from the heat.

Add Vanilla:
        Stir in the vanilla extract.

Beat the Mixture:
        Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then beat it with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer until it thickens and loses its gloss. This may take about 5-10 minutes.

Transfer to the Pan:
        Quickly transfer the fudge into the prepared baking pan and smooth it out evenly.

Cool and Set:
        Let the fudge cool at room temperature for a few hours or in the refrigerator for faster setting.

Cut into Squares:
        Once the fudge is set, use the parchment paper overhangs to lift it out of the pan. Place it on a cutting board and cut it into small squares.

Enjoy:
        Your vanilla fudge is ready to enjoy!