FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Williamsburg, VA  (Read 2856 times)

Description:

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Williamsburg, VA
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 11:46:17 AM »

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:30:41 AM »
We're thinking of a vacation to Williamsburg this summer.  I know nothing about the area; we'd be interested in all of the historical stuff.  First off, a good place to stay?
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 09:34:40 AM »
They have a Great Wolf there if you go, I would only recommend staying there when you will "stay" there all day. Do another hotel while you're doing historical stuff. 

We've stayed at several places. I can't remember them now but probably talked about them in the threads above (a LOT of detail was out into those threads by several of us). One hotel was behind Pizzeria Uno and another was near all the time share places. And we stayed at GWL.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Mookie86

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »
It's a great trip!  Colonial Williamsburg is fun and educational, and there's also other fun activities in the area.

Check if they're doing a scavenger hunt or other special activities when you go.  The scavenger hunt made things even more fun for my kids.  I also signed us up for a couple of programs.  Check in advance because you need to make reservations for them.

I got a groupon for Colonial Crossings of Williamsburg.  I had a suite that included a full kitchen.  It was a good choice for my family.  If it's ok with your allergies, Food For Thought is a very popular restaurant in Williamsburg.  I don't know if they take reservations.  I would check because I had to wait awhile for a table.

If you're looking for something to do in the evening after spending a day at Colonial Williasmburg, there's a miniature golf course nearby.  It's called Pirates Cove.

If you like go karts, bumper cars, bumper boats, and things like that, check out Go Karts Plus. 

Busch Gardens is there, if you want an amusement park.  That's an all-day visit, though.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:35:09 PM by Mookie86 »

Offline maeve

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 12:08:25 PM »
We've stayed at a Hampton Inn on Capitol Landing Way (there's also another one on Richmond Highway that's among the strip malls, restaurants, hotels). The one we stayed at is in a quieter area and is very close to the historic district in Williamsburg and is very close to Colonial Parkway, which takes you between Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown. Just be prepared for heat and humidity during the summer.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber