Our boys were "disenrolled": UPDATE: mediation last night

Started by AdminCM, September 17, 2011, 11:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandCmama

Well, @ long last this whole mess is finally behind us. I received a copy of the mediation agreement for approval last night. The new policies are very well written (thanks to their lawyer with an assist from me) and encompass every aspect of the school day I can think of- including field trips. Was feeling very unsettled about the whole thing when I crawled into bed last night....DH asked how it looked and I said "terrific- the perfect place to send the boys". Then I realized what I may have done! Any LTFA family that reads this policy will be overjoyed. However, given the eye rolling and sarcastic laughter that occurred during mediation, I believe it's all just smoke and mirrors. I hope I won't be responsible for giving a family a false sense of security. Hopefully, knowing they are on the DOJs radar is enough to scare them onto compliance...  :disappointed:
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

ajasfolks2

Try to be hopefully optimistic that this really will be a positive change.

It is some step (however small or large remains to be seen, if I understand your post) . . . in the forward direction, IMHO.

Give them that.

Be positive and THANK YOU for sharing this . . . and THANK YOU for the follow-through advocacy that this has taken.

Your job's never done, though.   ;)  Keep educating and advocating and helping all to understand better.

:grouphug:

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Mookie86

While their motives for changing were not good, you got them to take FAs seriously!  You should feel good about your hard work.  :thumbsup:

Susan

Yes, there is no way of knowing what led the powers that be to create their policies and procedures but we can hold them to it!  I am more concerned about creating P&P because personel changes but policies are around for a long time.
I'm glad you were able to affect change.  :thumbsup:  Now what where will you place all of this energy?  :watch:

CMdeux

I'm so sorry that this process exacted such a toll on you and your family-- and that it didn't leave you feeling any better than it has.   :-[

I think that a lot of us can understand that.  Sometimes being a trailblazer means burning a few (badly built) bridges so that the next person can have a better one in place of that crappy bridge.

It doesn't feel good to be the one trouble-shooting.

But I think, as others say, that even if you didn't get any personal satisfaction on your own family's behalf, at least you will have made them understand that they are not above the law.

Even that is something of a step in the right direction, with some people.   :yes:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

Justice ain't neat and it never really compensates the wronged. You challenged standing your ground until the process was finished. They will eyeroll because that is the content of their character and now they know yours and they may possibly think twice before pulling the same again.

lala

Thank you for all the work you put into it.  What you do for one, you do for all.  And regardless of the snickers, they HAVE to follow the plan.  If they don't, they have NO IDEA what would be in store for them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview