login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: AllergicChild blog post re: 504: input/discussion?  (Read 1829 times)

Description: (reconstructed thread linked in archive)

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:33:41 PM by AdminCM »

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
Re: AllergicChild blog post re: 504: input/discussion?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »
 :bump:

So that y'all can see how this is (eventually) supposed to be, hopefully, gonna work! 

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
Re: AllergicChild blog post re: 504: input/discussion?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »
I don't have time to quote and pull some from the archive thread here into this that I'd like in this reply post, so please bear with me.

Just putting these in here for now as reference points.  Will comment more and follow up to archived commentary.  (up to eyeballs right now!)

Section 504 states “No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States, as defined in section 706(8) of this title, shall, solely by reason of her or his disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance...” [29 U.S.C. §794(a), 34 C.F.R. §104.4(a)].

Really worth reading and review for anybody interested in this discussion!

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/504faq.html

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!