Our Son Passed Away

Started by AdminCM, September 19, 2011, 12:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

Still not available here.  End of month I think.

Janelle205

DH and DSD will be getting shots in two weeks.  I got mine this past week and the OB - I was so glad that they were willing to do it.  The nurse freaked out a bit when I told her that I was allergic to eggs, but the doc told her to go for it.  Not even a local reaction.

PurpleCat

I got mine today.  First time I've ever had the intradermal one.  I didn't feel a thing. The nurse said it would swell at the site but my arm would not be sore.  Well it is sore but I don't care. 

PurpleCat

OK, this morning it is sore, it is itchy, raised a bit, and hot, and the flare is larger than a silver dollar.  DD looked and said I'm not getting that kind!  and You'd better get that checked!  I feel fine though.  It's local.

tigerlily

Our whole house is covered! Boys had to get shots due to asthma. Early flu season is hitting our area. Takes 14 days to kick in so here's hoping for a calm two weeks.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

mumaluke

Hi All,

Its been a long time since I have visited. I was very surprised to see you all posting on my thread about Flu Shots. Yea!! Glad to see you are all getting vaccinated for this upcoming flu season.

Hope all is well...
Joe

SilverLining

Hi Joe.

Shots are finally available to the general public here.  My husband already got his ( he's on the doctors priority list).  Son and I are hoping to get it today, if the pharmacy is open.

GoingNuts

Younger DS got his at college, I get mine at work next week, and DH and elder DS will get theirs at the pharmacy.   :thumbsup:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

PurpleCat

Hi Joe!  You and your family are always remembered.  Glad you stopped by to say hello!

Mfamom

Hi Joe!  I always think of your family, especially during this time of year. 
My ds still does not have his flu shot and I am getting really upset...he just hasn't had much time to get it.  I realized yesterday that he can now get one at CVS.  going directly after I pick him up from practice to get one. 

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

CMdeux

DD's boyfriend and his entire family have theirs, too.  His dad is a physician, and was extremely impressed that our family is SO proactive-- DD got hers this year before anyone else, even him-- (and he is a lung doctor). 

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

ajasfolks2

Quote from: PurpleCat on October 26, 2014, 08:27:50 AM
Hi Joe!  You and your family are always remembered.  Glad you stopped by to say hello!

:yes: :thumbsup: :heart:
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Linden

DS' ped told me something new yesterday.  She said a new study just came out and this study favored the mist.  Something to the effect that when the vaccine goes in the nose a better type of immunity develops.

DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

hedgehog

According to our ped's office, no one who has ever been dx'ed with asthma may have the mist.  Period.  It could be them erring on the side of caution, but that is what they have told me.
USA

Janelle205

My asthma is obviously different, but my pulmo's rule is that no one in our house is allowed to get the mist, because my asthma is nasty and I have a compromised immune system.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview