Our Son Passed Away

Started by AdminCM, September 19, 2011, 12:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumaluke

Quote from: spacecanada on January 02, 2015, 03:36:14 PM
My husband never ended up getting his flu vaccine and now has the flu.  Fever, cough, aches, the works.  Ugh.   :paddle:

Thinking you and your son today, mumaluke.  My husband would like to apologise to you and your son for not taking your story more seriously and he promises to get his flu vaccine every year now, no questions.

Sorry to hear your husband got the Flu this year, but I am glad it may have changed his mind on the seriousness of the Flu and Flu Shot. Hope he is on the mend...

mumaluke

Thought of you mumaluke when I saw this    :heart:

------

Tweeted by @aaronecarroll

"Our Life Without Emily: Flu, Fear, Guilt and Regret"
http://shotofprevention.com/2014/12/12/our-life-without-emily-flu-fear-guilt-and-regret/

By Joe Lastinger, Board Member, Families Fighting Flu[/quote]

Thank you - we know the Lastingers very well, they are also members of Families Fighting Flu. I am glad to see their latest story is circulating.

Macabre

Mumaluke, I talked about you and your son with a friend at church this morning.  We were talking about the importance of flu vaccinations and about how scary things were in 2009 with H1N1. We were talking with someone who just had the flu and didn't get the shot (not that's the shot is giving protection this year)
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

mumaluke

Quote from: Macabre on January 04, 2015, 04:27:01 PM
Mumaluke, I talked about you and your son with a friend at church this morning.  We were talking about the importance of flu vaccinations and about how scary things were in 2009 with H1N1. We were talking with someone who just had the flu and didn't get the shot (not that's the shot is giving protection this year)

Actually the shot is providing protection, since one of the strains that is in the shot has mutated it is still possible to get the Flu. Getting the Flu Shot will lessen the impact if you do contract the flu. So even though you can get it, the shot is still providing some protection.

Thank you for spreading our message and still talk about us and our son :)

GoingNuts

Quote from: mumaluke on January 04, 2015, 05:17:38 PM

Always, Mumaluke.  Always.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

momma2boys

Quote from: momma2boys on January 02, 2015, 08:10:02 PM
Unlike, thinking of your family, as always. I'm so glad you continue this fight and still stop in here.  :heart:

Stupid auto correct. That should say mumaluke, not unlike.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

CMdeux

Quote from: GoingNuts on January 04, 2015, 05:24:25 PM
Quote from: mumaluke on January 04, 2015, 05:17:38 PM

Always, Mumaluke.  Always.

Indeed.  I share it with anyone that I think ought to hear it.  Which is fairly often, actually.   :heart:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

my3guys

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/local/south-jersey/2015/01/08/voorhees-mom-dies-flu/21452925/ :( :(

If anyone gets the flu, don't wait to seek treatment!

Thanks for all the work you do to raise awareness about dangers of the flu Mumaluke! :heart:

Macabre

A member here has had complications from the flu and was hospitalized this weekend.  She is home now.  :heart:

So, so scary.  I'm glad she is better. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Mfamom

oh no, I hope whoever was hosp. with flu is better!!  I think my ds has mild flu or the norovirus.   He did get flu shot.  He's fine, but not feeling very good.
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

daisy madness

CMdeux

Quote from: Macabre on January 18, 2015, 06:25:10 PM
A member here has had complications from the flu and was hospitalized this weekend.  She is home now.  :heart:

So, so scary.  I'm glad she is better.

Oh my goodness-- I am so glad to hear that she is improving.   :heart:

Western U.S.

PurpleCat

mumaluke

Hi All - stopping in to say hello. Sorry, I am terrible about stopping in. 

Make sure you include Flu shots in your back to school shopping!!

CMdeux

:bye:  It is lovely to see you, Mumaluke!  Timely reminder, too. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview