imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Tailgating party  (Read 1769 times)

Description: Good news

Offline hedgehog

Tailgating party
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:36:33 AM »
A group of friends got tickets to an upcoming game months ago, and planned to tailgate with the families.  This weekend, my friend who was organizing this sent out a group e-mail telling everyone to "reply all" with what they are bringing.  She said that, among other things, she was bringing PB&J.  I figured we would steer DS clear of the PB&J, and he would only eat what I bring, so no big deal.  But to be on the safe side, I replied, along with what food I'm bringing, that I will bring wipes, and respectfully ask that anyone who eats or handles the PB&J use them.  Minutes later she e-mailed that she forgot and will not bring PB&J. She will have only non-nutty food.  :)  DS will probably still only eat what I bring (unless someone brings something packaged that I know is safe, like chips or something).  But I don't have to worry about what is on other people's hands.
USA

Offline Janelle205

Re: Tailgating party
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »
So glad that your friend was willing to make things safer for your DS!

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
Yeah, my friends really are great.  And I can't blame her for forgetting.  She is my friend, but our kids are not that close in age, so they don't hang out together more than a couple of times a year.  So she's not used to having to worry about what he eats.
USA

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »
That sounds like a great friend.
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline rysmom

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 02:01:56 PM »
 :thumbsup: My company tailgates at every SMU home game. When Rylee joined the junior cheer squad for SMU, they stopped serving roasted peanuts. People gripped at first, but my boss stepped up and said Rylee's health and safety was more important than peanuts.
me -Latex, avocados, bananas,AND everything outside (at least the 56 things they tested me for) :(
Ry(19)- peanuts, Omnicef, PABA, wheat, corn, sesame. Outgrew eggs, soy, strawberries & tree nuts.

Dallas, TX area

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
"...more important than peanuts" still doesn't sound very important.  I mean, "peanuts" is a word meaning very little.  But I do understand what you are saying.  Just thought the phrase sounded funny.
USA