login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Children's allergy books, CD, DVD  (Read 2123 times)

Description: my kids have outgrown

Offline GingerPye

Children's allergy books, CD, DVD
« on: September 30, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
Howdy all,

This has been sitting in Commercial for a while; I'm moving here to Main for a few days, just temporarily. 

I am offering these things up for a new home.  My kids no longer need them.

These are all kids' books about allergies (the Kim book is a FAAN book, I think):

These are FAAN books, the Alexander series of books and the PAL award with stickers (enough for a class):

These are the flip book about food allergies, not just peanut, but recognizing many different foods with different allergens; also the Binky Goes Nuts dvd; and the Kyle Dine music CD for kids -- his first one (hate to give it up, but the kids have outgrown it):

PM me if you are interested in any of these things or all of them!  Not looking to re-coop the money I put into them --- I just want to find a good home and will ship them to you -- we can come up with a very good deal!  And then when you are done with them, pass them on to someone else who can use them.  Pay it forward!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:35:24 PM by GingerPye »
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline Mookie86

Re: Children's allergy books, CD, DVD
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 05:49:53 PM »
Great idea! 

If you end up not getting takers for some of the stuff, donate them to your allergist.  It didn't occur to me to offer my stuff here; I have everything in my allergist's waiting room.

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
That is a super idea -- I would do that, but our allergist is part of a larger ped clinic, and the waiting room has no books or magazines.  Just a very large tv, and a couple of computer type games.   But I would do that if I thought they could use them. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline Mookie86

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »
Maybe the library might be interested in some of the materials?

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »
I think I pm'ed you! lol not sure my first time sending a pm on this new format. 
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.