login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: so thankful to have a teacher who gets it!  (Read 2661 times)

Description:

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
so thankful to have a teacher who gets it!
« on: September 30, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
yesterday i went in to volunteer only to find out it was a sub. so i ask her if theres anything she needs me to do and she says not really and begins to list what they are doing and says bday celebration/cupcakes. i'm like what! those arent supposed to be in the class. she says i didnt think so. so we decide to take it outside and all the kids washed hands and faces before going back into the class. another dad happened to be there who also volunteers and he was so on board too.  he made sure all the kids stayed in one area until they went back in.  he's like this is crazy it shouldn't even happen. yeah welcome to my world i think to myself. last year dealt with it big time. he says i'm talking to the teacher and the sub says i'm writing it in my report becuase no offense to me she doesnt want the responsiblity and i say no i get it, this is my worst nightmare a sub and a birthday. i email the teacher to call me and she doesnt but when my dd comes walking out of school she has a note stapled as a bracelet as do the other kiddos saying NO FOOD! shes amazing! such a huge relief and i'm just thankful i went in and was able to deal with it and keep my dd safe.
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Offline Susan

Re: so thankful to have a teacher who gets it!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »
Awsome!   :yes: :thumbsup:

Offline TabiCat

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »
Like the NEW NAME :thumbsup:

So glad this year is looking better for her. I so hope all areas improve.   
Ds - Peanut and Tree nut and a  host of enviro

Texas

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »
thanks! i didnt want to brag because i know there are other who are dealing with the stuff we did and more last year. But there is hope and there are teachers/schools who get it. hang in there

tabicat- thanks i like it too ;)
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
Have to add for halloween she was going to just request uncut fruits n veggies. I was on  the fence with it since dd knows she only eats food from home. I was going to clean n cut it all. Anyway tonight she says I decided to ditch all the food. On her note she also added no candy brought to school or she will take it and toss it.
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »
I would like to kiss your teacher.

From what you've posted -- THAT is "getting it"!!!!

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

hk

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »
Good for you!!!!  I'm so glad you are having a good year.

We love our teacher, but she is so awful about the food.  We have a plan that says no food in lesson plans.  She constantly asks me if I can bring in safe candy for a counting game or something.  It's awful to always have to keep saying no.