Food Allergies in Schools

Started by Arkadia, October 03, 2011, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkadia

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/lifestyles/7893487-423/spike-in-food-allergies-prompts-schools-to-ban-limit-shared-treats.html

QuoteDistrict 92 is joined by several other local elementary districts in not allowing students and parents to bring food into the classrooms to be shared on special occasions. This year, Kirby School District 140, Palos Community Consolidated School District 118 and Cardinal Bernardin School in Orland Hills are among those prohibiting cupcakes, cookies and other food treats to celebrate Halloween, Christmas or Valentine's Day. Instead, games will be the focus, and in some cases, teachers will supply treats.

I know a nurse with a child having a peanut allergy in one of those schools personally (not the one listed in the article), and my guess is she was pivotal to changes taking place. She's also been participating in the LaCross sublingual therapy. Kudos to her.  :)

It's no surprise to me so many nurses are mentioned in this sort of good news.  ;D
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

ajasfolks2

Thank you for sharing this.

The more of these announcements we have, the more we can share these with our own schools who have not made this type of proactive change . . . yet.

Thank you!   :thumbsup:

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview