Supreme Court on ADA Civil Rights in Parochial Schools

Started by twinturbo, October 05, 2011, 09:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinturbo

ajasfolks2

You rock for getting that link & info here.  Thank you!  Please update if you can . . .

:thumbsup:

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

twinturbo

Read a couple of related cases. When DH gets back from out of country I'm on it like green on bean.

Parking a URL here on Ohio Civil Rights Commision v. Dayton Christian Public Schools, Inc. Basically states that the EEOC does have jurisdiction where the state has interest and its jurisdiction in state courts provides sufficient consideration and protection constitutional rights for religious institutions.

SCOTUS blog on Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Luther Church and School v. EEOC. Complete with at least 31 amicus briefs.

QuoteA big part of this case was about whether churches can have immunity if they punish whistleblowers, or, in other words, whether religious employers may retaliate against employees who report discrimination to the appropriate secular authorities (such as the EEOC or its state counterparts) and/or the courts.  After all, Perich was fired because she invoked her rights under the ADA.  That is a classic retaliation fact pattern.

QuoteAs Justice Breyer pointed out at oral argument, there is reason enough to question whether Hosanna-Tabor's treatment of Perich was truly based on a religious belief, or just a gambit to punish her for being disabled and/or invoking her rights under the ADA.

ajasfolks2

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview