FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: food free celebrations ideas needed  (Read 1411 times)

Description:

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
food free celebrations ideas needed
« on: October 07, 2011, 01:40:35 PM »
i'm sure this has been posted somewhere on this board but i'm looking for a list of suggestion to send to my dd's teacher. she already has some great ideas but said she'd love more so parents could have more options and know that shes not trying to eliminate celebrations. thanks so much :thumbsup:
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
Re: food free celebrations ideas needed
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:34:12 PM »
I have only a second -- look in RESOURCES -- perhaps in the Food as a Reward thread?

It may be that I've not got that thread (full body) pulled over here -- so you may need to search at the archived site for now.

Hope this gets you started.

Thank your teacher too!

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline Susan

Re: food free celebrations ideas needed
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »

I came across this craft at Better Homes and Gardens. The instructions are confusing but the craft itself is relatively simple.
http://www.bhg.com/thanksgiving/crafts/ ... s/#page=11

My Instructions:

1. Fold a piece of craft paper 8x11(accordian pleat) along the long edge. Without unfolding it, bend it in half.
2. Open the sheet up and fold it in half with the short sides together. Place the template along the fold and cut it out.
3, Open it up again and refold along the accordian pleats. You will have a short end and a longer end. Run a glue stick along the longer end and place the pipe cleaned across the middle so half is on each side.
4. Bend the paper in half so that the two sides of the longer edge meet and twist the pipecleaner ends together to form the stem.
Viola! A maple leaf! I had some large orange napkins left over from dd's birthday party and these worked well. Kids can paint paper or use an old toothbrush dipped in paint and flick the bristles to spray paint onto paper for that mottled look.